1. How many years have you been in the company?
I have been in the company for 4 years.
2. How many years have you been choreographing?
This is my 3rd year choreographing.
3. What is your dance about this year?
This year my piece is about stars and constellations. It shows how individual they are but together the stars make pretty shapes, such as constellations. Stars are so different and similar at the same time.
4. How have COVID restrictions affected your choreography? If any?
It is really hard choreographing with a global pandemic. Especially having a large cast like I do. I’ve been working around this by using depth to make the illusion that the dancers are closer. I’ve also used smaller groups in my choreography on stage at a time.
5. Does your choreography connect with our theme? “Moving together while being apart.”
I believe my dance connects with this theme because stars are apart, they never actually touch. Though they still make beautiful shapes in the sky together.